Library Director Tim Wiles
Project bids – Fall, 2020
Construction begins – October, 2020
Project completion – Fall, 2021
September, 2020: Documents and specs went out to bid 9/1/2020 and are due back 9/22/2020. All bids received will be reviewed by our Board of Trustees at a virtual special board meeting Thursday, September 24 at 6 pm, streamed on our Facebook page and archived here. Public commentary is welcome anytime at: email@example.com. The goal is to select a general contractor by the end of September, and begin construction work mid-October. If all goes according to plan, project completion is slated for fall, 2021.
Read the 9/8/2020 Altamont Enterprise article here.
January, 2020: Our proposal received State Education Department approval during the fall of 2019. Since then, we’ve been meeting with Ballston Spa architecture firm Butler Rowland Mays, LLC to articulate more detailed building project plans. They specialize in library renovation, and their expertise is incredibly helpful. We expect to go to bid around October 2020, and commence construction soon afterwards, anticipating completion of the renovated facility in the summer of 2022. As this project steadily takes shape, we will report more as we know it. We’re looking forward to a clear vision in 2020 for Guilderland’s enhanced gathering place for lifelong learning and community engagement…your friendly local library!
September, 2019: We are excited about the prospect of serving you better with an improved facility to accommodate your needs! The library renewal project is roughly a three-year process. Our proposal is currently in the initial review stage with the State Education Department. Subject to their approval timeline, we hope to go to bid around October 2020, and commence construction soon afterwards. We anticipate completion of the renovated facility sometime around July 2022. This page will be updated with further developments as they become available…stay tuned!
Here are the official results of the May 21, 2019 vote:
Proposition #2 – Capital Construction Bond: 58% YES
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in this election. This is YOUR library! We want to make it the very best community resource it can be for you and your family – a safe haven of enrichment for all. We’re excited about incorporating the changes you asked for, and grateful for the opportunity to serve you!
Read the 5/22/19 Times Union article here
Read the 5/23/19 Altamont Enterprise article here
Based on extensive public input over the past 18 months and careful consideration of the best course of action to address current and future needs, the Guilderland Public Library Board of Trustees has formulated a plan for renovating and enhancing the building, which is more than a quarter-century old and operating at or near capacity. The public is invited to attend information sessions in advance of the May 21 referendum vote: Tuesday, April 16 at 4:00 and 6:30 p.m.; Tuesday, April 30 at 2:00 p.m.; Thursday, May 2 at 6:30 p.m; Thursday May 9 at 1:00 p.m.; Tuesday, May 14 at 10:00 a.m. Monday, May 20 from 10 a.m. – 6:45 p.m: “Ask Me Anything!” Open House with Library Director Tim Wiles. This information is also being presented to various community groups.
- To view the April / May 2019 Library Renewal Presentation Power Point, click here
- To view the May 2019 Library Renewal Presentation video, click here
- To read about project details finalized Spring 2019, click here
- To review FAQs, click here
- To zoom or print the proposed floor plan with sketches, click here
- To read opinions published in the Altamont Enterprise 4/18/19, click here and here
- To read the 4/30/19 Times Union article, click here
- To read the 5/9/19 Altamont Enterprise article, click here
- To read opinions published in the Altamont Enterprise 5/9/19, click here and here
- To read opinions published in the Altamont Enterprise 5/16/19, click here and here
- To download a PowerPoint presentation on the draft plan, click here.
- To view a video of the architect’s presentation on the proposed renewal, click here.
- To read the Altamont Enterprise’s March 22, 2018 article on the proposed renewal, click here.
- To read the TImes Union’s October 13, 2018 article on the proposed renewal, click here
- To view a printable version of the proposed floor plan, click here.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 9/15/2020 - LMN