Regular Hours (September through June)
- Monday – Thursday: 9:30 am to 9 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am to 7 pm
- Saturday: 9:30 am to 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm to 5 pm
Summer Hours (July and August)
- Monday through Thursday: 10 am to 9 pm
- Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday: Closed
The Library will be closed on these 2018 holidays:
- New Year’s Day: January 1 – Monday
- Martin Luther King Day: January 15 – Monday
- President’s Day: February 19 – Monday
- Easter: April 1 – Sunday
- Memorial Day Weekend: May 26 – Saturday; May 27 – Sunday; May 28 – Monday
- Staff Development Day: June 6 – Wednesday
- Independence Day: July 4 – Wednesday
- Labor Day Weekend: September 1 – Saturday; September 2 – Sunday; September 3 – Monday
- Veterans’ Day: November 12 – Monday (Observed)
- Thanksgiving Eve: November 21 – Wednesday – Close @ 2pm
- Thanksgiving Day: November 22 – Thursday – Closed
- Christmas Eve: December 24 – Monday
- Christmas Day: December 25 – Tuesday
- New Year’s Eve – Close @ 2 pm: December 31 – Monday
The Library will be closed on these 2019 holidays:
- New Year’s Day: January 1 – Tuesday
- Martin Luther King Day: January 21- Monday
- President’s Day: February 18 – Monday
- Easter: April 21 – Sunday
- Memorial Day Weekend: May 25 – Saturday; May 26 – Sunday; May 27 – Monday
- Staff Development Day: June 6 – Thursday
- Independence Day: July 4 – Thursday
- Labor Day Weekend: August 31 – Saturday; September 1 – Sunday; September 2 -Monday
- Veterans’ Day: November 11 – Monday
- Thanksgiving Eve: November 27 – Wednesday – Close @ 2 pm
- Thanksgiving Day: November 28 – Thursday – Closed
- Christmas Eve: December 24 – Tuesday
- Christmas Day: December 25 – Wednesday
- New Year’s Eve: December 31 – Tuesday – Close @ 2 pm
Weather Closings and Delays
The Library may open one hour late when the Guilderland School District is closed because of inclement weather; all Storytimes that day will be cancelled. Snow is always an issue as we cannot legally open if our emergency exits are not cleared. Power outages or other emergencies may result in delay or early closing. When the Library’s regular hours are adjusted for any reason, our phone message will be updated and the announcement will be posted on the Library’s website, Twitter feed, and Facebook page.
The Library announces closings over the School Closings Network as well, which is carried on:
Radio: WFLY 92 FM, WGY 810 AM, WGNA 107.7 FM, WJYB 99.5 FM, WRVE 95.5 FM
Television: WNYT TV 13, WRGB TV 6, WTEN TV 10, WXXA TV 23, YNN TV 9
Newspaper Websites: The Daily Gazette, The Post Star, The Saratogian, The Times Union
Keep in mind that SCN outlets post closing information at varying times, and that announcements of school closings and delays always have broadcast priority. Be certain that your child can reach you if we close unexpectedly. To ensure your child’s safety, we notify the police of any children who have not been picked up within 15 minutes of closing.
The Library is located at 2228 Western Avenue (US Route 20), Guilderland, NY 12084. It is located on the south side of Western Avenue (the right side of the road if you are traveling east, the left side if you are traveling west).
From the city of Albany
The Library is on Western Avenue (Route 20), one mile west of the intersection of Routes 155 and 20 (location of Twenty Mall). Make a left onto Mercy Care Lane, which is a short distance past the traffic light at the entrance to Guilderland Elementary School. Library parking is on your left.
From the West
The Library is on Western Avenue (Route 20), approximately one mile east of the intersection where Route 146 diverges south off of Route 20 at a Stewart’s Shop. Make a right onto Mercy Care Lane. Library parking is on your left.
From the North
The Library is 3.3 miles west of the southern terminus of the Adirondack Northway. Take the Adirondack Northway south to the Western Avenue / Route 20 exit, and make a right onto Western Avenue. Follow Western Avenue for 3.3 miles, and make a left onto Mercy Care Lane. Library parking is on your left.
From the South
Take I-87 (New York State Thruway) north to exit 24. Merge onto I-87 N/I-90 east towards Albany/Montreal. Then take exit 1S toward Route 20 / Western Avenue. Turn right onto Western Avenue / Route 20. (Western Avenue is at the end of the ramp.) Follow Western Avenue for 3.3 miles, and make a left onto Mercy Care Lane. Library parking is on your left.
There is limited bus service to the Library via CDTA Routes 763 and 117. Click here for bus maps and schedules.