The Guilderland Public Library hires from the Albany County Civil Service list. For listings of current open positions in Albany County, please visit http://www.albanycounty.com/Government/Departments/DepartmentofCivilService.aspx
The Guilderland Public Library is currently hiring the following positions (updated 02/13/19):
Part-Time Library Page - Continuous Recruitment
Part-Time Custodial Worker
PART-TIME CUSTODIAL WORKER
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs routine building cleaning work; does related work as required
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is routine and repetitive manual work calling for the efficient and economical performance of building cleaning and occasional minor maintenance tasks. Cleaning tasks are performed according to a well-established procedure, and maintenance tasks are performed under direct supervision is received from a custodian or other superior. Supervision over the work of others is not a responsibility of employees in this class.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative only):
- Sweeps and mops floors and stairs;
- Dusts desks, woodwork, furniture and other equipment;
- Washes windows, walls, blackboards, sinks and other fixtures;
- Polishes furniture and metal furnishings;
- Empties waste baskets, collects and disposes of rubbish;
- Clears snow and ice from walks;
- May mow lawns, trim shrubs, rake leaves and perform a variety of other ground-keeping tasks as assigned;
- Assists in the cleaning of rugs and tile flooring using machines specially designed for cleaning of such surfaces;
- Delivers packages and messages;
- Places and removes traffic safety signs;
- Arranges chairs and tables and other equipment for special use of administration building;
- Repairs window shades, replaces light bulbs, soap and towels;
- Paints rooms and equipment and assists in making minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; ability to follow simple oral and written instructions; willingness to perform routine cleaning and other manual tasks; ability to get along well with others; thoroughness; dependability; good physical condition.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: None
20 hr/wk. $14.56/hr.
Mainly 5:00pm to 10:00 pm and/or weekend rotation
Please include: 1. Application form – 2. Resume – 3. Cover letter – 4. Three references with contact information
Guilderland Public Library
2228 Western Avenue
Guilderland, NY 12084