Tax Aide appointments have ended for 2019!
We offer tax aide appointments seasonally through AARP. Though 2020 appointments have not yet been announced, here is what you can expect from this service:
- Photo ID and Social Security card for all people listed in the tax return.
- A copy of your 2017 return.
- All 2018 W-2s and 1099 forms.
- End-of-year brokerage statements.
- Supporting documents for itemized deductions.
- A check showing the taxpayer’s bank account and routing numbers, if direct deposit of a refund is desired.
What you need to know:
- TaxAide volunteers are trained and certified with the IRS to prepare personal Federal and NYS income tax returns.
- TaxAides cannot complete returns with rental income or Health Savings Accounts, or Schedule C (Business Profit and Loss) if you’ve had a loss or expenses over $25K.
- Filing jointly? Both taxpayers need to be present except in cases of illness or infirmity.