Guilderland Public Library has compiled a list of resources to help you get your taxes done!

Federal (IRS) and State Tax forms are available for curbside pickup.  Pick up forms and instructions inside our Normanskill Roomplease follow the blue arrows and use side entrance during curbside hours; our building is under construction and currently closed to the public.  No need to call in advance – all available forms will be restocked daily.

NOTE: Usually at this time of year, we’re actively promoting the AARP TaxAide preparation that takes place at the Library.  Unfortunately, none of the AARP TaxAide sites (our Library among them) will be providing services this tax season.

See below to download or print your own tax forms, and other helpful hints.

Local Resources

  • Ca$h Coalition of the Greater Capital Region – You may be eligible for free virtual assistance with filing your taxes, courtesy of United Way. Please check this site for qualifying information. The Library cannot assess eligibility.



New York State Forms and Resources Online

Print your tax Forms For Free - Pick Up at the Library

The Guilderland Public Library is now offering Print From Anywhere and can print your tax forms for free.

  • 20 page limit black and white (including double-sided) per person per day
  • 10 page limit color (including double-sided) per person per day

Simply download the forms you need from the IRS or New York State, and use the Print From Anywhere website to send the forms to our printer.
Call 518-456-2400 and staff will place your forms at curbside for pick up.

Library staff will not determine which tax forms you need or provide tax advice. 

To bring:

  • Photo ID and Social Security card for all people listed in the tax return.
  • A copy of your 2018 return.
  • All 2019 W-2s and 1099 forms.
  • End-of-year brokerage statements.
  • Supporting documents for itemized deductions.
  • A check showing the taxpayer’s bank account and routing numbers, if direct deposit of a refund is desired.

What you need to know:

  • TaxAide volunteers are trained and certified with the IRS to prepare personal Federal and NYS income tax returns.
  • TaxAides cannot complete returns with rental income or Health Savings Accounts, or Schedule C (Business Profit and Loss) if you’ve had a loss or expenses over $25K.
  • Filing jointly? Both taxpayers need to be present except in cases of illness or infirmity.