Due to confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Albany County, the Guilderland Public Library is no longer a Tax Aide site for 2020.
All appointments at GPL from Saturday, March 14 through April 9 are cancelled.
Please call the United Way at 2-1-1 to reschedule your appointment at an alternate location, and thank you for your understanding.
If you are able to reschedule for another location:
- Photo ID and Social Security card for all people listed in the tax return.
- A copy of your 2018 return.
- All 2019 W-2s and 1099 forms.
- End-of-year brokerage statements.
- Supporting documents for itemized deductions.
- A check showing the taxpayer’s bank account and routing numbers, if direct deposit of a refund is desired.
What you need to know:
- TaxAide volunteers are trained and certified with the IRS to prepare personal Federal and NYS income tax returns.
- TaxAides cannot complete returns with rental income or Health Savings Accounts, or Schedule C (Business Profit and Loss) if you’ve had a loss or expenses over $25K.
- Filing jointly? Both taxpayers need to be present except in cases of illness or infirmity.