2020 AARP Tax Aide appointments are finished. Please check back in 2021 for updates and additional information.
- Photo ID and Social Security card for all people listed in the tax return.
- A copy of your 2018 return.
- All 2019 W-2s and 1099 forms.
- End-of-year brokerage statements.
- Supporting documents for itemized deductions.
- A check showing the taxpayer’s bank account and routing numbers, if direct deposit of a refund is desired.
What you need to know:
- TaxAide volunteers are trained and certified with the IRS to prepare personal Federal and NYS income tax returns.
- TaxAides cannot complete returns with rental income or Health Savings Accounts, or Schedule C (Business Profit and Loss) if you’ve had a loss or expenses over $25K.
- Filing jointly? Both taxpayers need to be present except in cases of illness or infirmity.