Please review the information below, then schedule your passport appointment.
Q: Where can I find information about passports?
A: Please go to this website: Travel.State.Gov
Q: Can I renew my passport by mail?
A: You MUST renew your passport by mail directly if you answer ‘yes’ to ALL 5 statements below:
- You have your passport in your possession to submit with your application
- It’s undamaged, other than normal wear and tear
- It was issued when you were age 16 or older
- It was issued within the last 15 years
- It was issued in your current name or you can document your name change
Q: Can I renew my passport online?
A: Yes, at least on a temporary basis. Go to this link to create an account, then follow directions to renew your passport online.
Q: Is an appointment required to submit the passport application?
A: Yes. Walk-ins are not available, you will need to schedule an appointment.
Q: When are appointments available?
A: One-hour appointments are available at GPL Wednesdays and Thursdays 10 am-3 pm.
Q: How can I schedule an appointment?
A: Appointments must be scheduled a minimum of 48 hours in advance using the scheduling feature below.
Q: Are separate appointments required for multiple people in a family or group?
A: No, a family or group may apply at the same time. Please note that when scheduling the appointment.
Q: Can minors (15 or younger) be scheduled for passport appointments?
A: Yes, minors can have a passport appointment, but they must be accompanied by both parents/guardians. If both parents/guardians are not present for the appointment, the library cannot accept the application unless parents/guardians submit the Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053) or the Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)
Q: What forms are needed for the passport application?
A: Typically, you will need:
- U.S. Department of State Application for a U.S. Passport book or card (form DS-11) OR
- U.S. Department of State U.S. Passport Renewal Application (form DS-82)
- However, other forms may be needed. Patrons must come to their appointment with all necessary forms and documentation filled out. Please visit the U.S Department of State Passport website and answer the What Form Should I use questionnaire to determine what other forms you will need.
Q: Where can I get the necessary forms for the passport application?
A: Forms are available online at www.travel.state.gov/passport, and in person at the library.
Q: What other documentation do I need?
A: Patrons will need to bring their completed application form, photo ID, original evidence of citizenship (not a copy), and a check made out to the U.S. Department of State.
Q: Will the library take my photo?
A: No, you must provide your own photo, as described in www.travel.state.gov/
Q: How much does it cost to apply for a passport?
A: Please visit the U.S Department of State Calculate My Fee guide or ask for our Fee guide. A standard passport book for an adult would cost $165 ($130 for the application + $35 for a processing fee). Expedited shipping will cost more.
Q: How can I pay for my passport application?
A: Payment of the Passport Book/Card Application fee must be made by a separate personal check only to the U.S. Department of State. NEITHER CASH NOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ARE ACCEPTED. Payment of the $35 Guilderland Public Library Passport Acceptance fee may be paid by credit/debit card or by check/money order payable to Guilderland Public Library. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Please schedule your appointment below: