The information listed below relates to members of the public interested in running for a permanent Board of Trustees seat in May. In the case of a mid-year vacancy, the seat will be filled by appointment. Please see the appointment page for more information.
Both incumbents and new candidates may run for a permanent Board seat by following the steps below:
- Eligible candidates must have been a resident of the Guilderland Public Library District — which covers the same boundaries as the Guilderland Central School District — for at least 30 days prior to the Tuesday, May 19, 2020 election.
- Candidates are required to pick up an informational packet at the Library. These are available now at the Library’s Circulation Desk. Anyone picking up a packet must sign their name, address and phone number on the Packet Roster. This required information is retained by the School District.
- Each packet includes a memo from the Director, the Library Bylaws, and a document titled On Being a Board Member, which outlines the responsibilities and opportunities the position entails. There is also a
two-page biographical information sheet, which must be filled out and returned. This information is used in the Library’s publicity pertaining to the election. Please review all information thoroughly.
- The Biographical Data Form enclosed in the packet must be completed and returned to the Library’s Public Information Officer, Luanne Nicholson, no later than Tuesday, March 31, 2020. This information may be emailed to: email@example.com.
- The Petition with at least 82 signatures must be returned to Linda Livingston at Guilderland Central School District no later than Monday, April 20, 2020.
Please call Library Director Tim Wiles at 518-456-2400 x 113 with any questions.
Updated: March 1, 2020