We are most likely to purchase items of significant local interest, including but not limited to:
- Local authors residing in Albany, Rensselaer, or Schenectady counties
- Local settings
- Local subjects
- Historical significance
Reviews from objective online sources will increase the likelihood that we will purchase your book for our collection. Objective review sources include publications such as Kirkus, Publisher’s Weekly, and Library Journal. Please note that Amazon and Goodreads reviews are not considered professional reviews.
It is beneficial if your book is carried by a local bookstore or retailer.
Items may be excluded for the following reasons:
- Loose or unusual bindings
- Unusual formats
- Textbooks or workbooks with pages meant to be written in or torn out
- Many typos or grammatical errors
- Nonfiction books without an index, and/or bibliography
- Nonfiction books whose topics don’t match what’s listed on the cover