CHECK OUT materials!
Mon. / Wed. / Fri. 11 am – 3 pm
Tues. / Thurs. 3 – 7 pm
1) Request materials by searching the UHLS catalog at the top of our home page here; through the UHLS app; or by calling 518.285.0050.
2) We will notify you when your items are ready for pickup.
3) Park in the library’s main lot during the hours noted above.
4) Contact us at 518.285.0671 (Circulation phone number – please try again if you don’t get through the first time) to let us know you’re here. We’ll walk your materials out.
5) Pick up your materials at a pre-designated table at the library’s entrance. It’s that easy!
Questions? Call us at 518.285.0050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETURN borrowed items!
Monday – Friday, 11 am – 8 pm
We’re accepting the following materials:
- Video Games
Look for the shed with the green canopy in our parking lot.
All materials are quarantined in sheds for 96 hours, then their exteriors are sanitized prior to reshelving. Please follow the directional signs in our parking lot. We are not yet accepting Library of Things items (gadgets, board games, folding tables, etc.) All fines continue to be waived. Call us at 518.285.0050 or email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Our comprehensive COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan, as required by New York State, is posted here.
Q: When will the library open?
A: UHLS libraries are adopting a gradual, phased approach for reopening, with the health and safety of our employees and patrons remaining our highest priority. Our staff is currently working in two staggered teams to decrease any potential exposure to the virus. Our building is not open to the public at this time.
Q: Do you offer curbside services?
- RETURNS are accepted Monday – Friday, 11 am – 8 pm at the shed with the green canopy. All returned items are quarantined for 96 hours, then their exteriors are sanitized before going back into circulation. Please continue to keep Library of Things items (gadgets, folding tables, board games, etc.) for now. All fines are still waived.
- CHECK OUT items Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11 am-3 pm and Tuesday and Thursday, 3 pm – 7 pm through our website, UHLS app or by calling 518.285.0050. We will contact you when your items are ready for pickup. Then, park in our main lot during the curbside service hours, call 518.285.0671 (our temporary Circulation number) and we will bring your requested item(s) out to a pre-designated table in our front entrance for pick-up.
Q: When can patrons enter the library again?
A: Right now, we are focused on curbside services only. We don’t foresee reopening the building to patrons anytime soon, unfortunately. We will be sure to keep you updated.
Q: Are you accepting book donations?
A: YES! We have two blue Discover Books bins in the corner of our side parking lot. When you turn into Mercy Care Lane, take an immediate right into our side parking lot and look for the blue bins in the far right corner. Thank you for your donations!
Q: Are you doing a Summer Reading Program this year?
A: YES! Children, teens and adults are all encouraged to participate and log books they’ve read into Beanstack. As in years past, there are prizes to be won! More details here. Also, please request to join our GPL Kids & Families Facebook page for archived storytimes, fun crafts and activities, and more!
Q: Are you offering any other programs at this time?
A: YES! Please check our Events calendar for virtual program options for all ages, which require registration in order to participate online. We are constantly adding new offerings, so check back often!
Q: How do I keep updated on library happenings?
A: We encourage you to stay tuned for updates on our web page, Facebook, Instagram and in weekly e-News blasts and monthly newsletters. To subscribe to our e-news and newsletters, click here.
Q: How can I get in touch with you?
A: Call us at 518.285.0050, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our “live” hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11 am – 3 pm.; and Tuesday and Thursday, 3 – 7 pm. If you leave us a message, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience, and look forward to serving you to the best of our ability, with safety remaining our highest priority.
We miss you…stay well…hope to see you soon!
Updated 7.30.2020 – LMN