Update 11/23: The Normanskill Room is closed to public browsing, due to construction. This area now serves as a staging and containment area for curbside checkouts. Major internal changes include the relocation of our collection and the construction of a temporary wall to accommodate work on the new children and teen areas on the eastern end of the building. The current set-up does not allow for patrons to adequately social distance while browsing, or access the public restrooms currently being renovated.
Construction is steadily progressing. We hope to reopen the main library to public browsing in mid-January – please stay tuned!
CHECK OUT materials curbside!
Monday – Wednesday – Friday: 10 am – 4 pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 1 – 7 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm
NEW LOCATION: Pickup materials outside the Normanskill Room
QUESTIONS? Call 518.285.0671 – Circulation / 518.285.0050 – Reference
We look forward to serving you!
CURBSIDE CHECKOUTS outside the Normanskill Room
1) Request materials by searching the UHLS catalog at the top of our home page here; through the UHLS app; or by calling 518.285.0050.
2) We’ll notify you when your items are ready for pickup.
3) Park in the library’s main lot during the hours noted above.
4) Call 518.285.0671 (Circulation phone number – please try again if you don’t get through the first time) when you arrive. We’ll walk your materials out.
5) Pick up your materials at the library’s entrance. It’s that easy!
NO FINES are being assessed at the present time. If you happen to receive a UHLS notice regarding a fine owed, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of it.
Circulation Questions? Call us at 518.285.0671 or email us at email@example.com.
General Questions? Call us at 518.285.0050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETURN borrowed items!
Monday – Friday, 9 am – 8 pm
Saturday 9 am – 2 pm
Look for the shed with the green canopy in our parking lot. All materials are quarantined in sheds for 96 hours, then their exteriors are sanitized prior to reshelving. All fines are still waived.
Our comprehensive COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan, as required by New York State, is posted here.
Q: Do you offer public browsing?
A: Not at this time. We had to close the Normanskill Room to public browsing in early November, due to construction. We hope to open up the main area of the library to browsing in December – please stay tuned!
Q: When does the library’s construction project start?
A: Construction is underway! This project was approved by Guilderland voters in May, 2019, is expected to be completed in fall, 2021. More information may be found here.
Q: Do you offer curbside services?
A: YES! Here is a synopsis of our current services:
- RETURNS are accepted Monday – Friday, 9 am – 8 pm and Saturday 9 am – 2 pm at the shed with the green canopy. All returned items are quarantined for 96 hours, then their exteriors are sanitized prior to reshelving. All fines are still waived.
- CHECK OUT items Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 am-4 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 1 pm – 7 pm; Saturday 10 am – 2 pm through our website, UHLS app or by calling 518.285.0050. We will contact you when your items are ready for pickup. Then, park in our main lot during the curbside service hours, call 518.285.0671 (our temporary Circulation number) and we will bring your requested item(s) out to a table at our front entrance for pick-up.
Q: Are you accepting book donations?
A: YES! We have two blue Discover Books bins in the corner of our side parking lot. When you turn into Mercy Care Lane, take an immediate right into our side parking lot and look for the blue bins in the far right corner. Thank you for your donations!
Q: Are you offering programs at this time?
A: YES! Please check our Events calendar for virtual and limited in-person outdoor program options for all ages, which require registration in order to participate. We are constantly adding new offerings, so check back often!
Q: How do I keep updated on library happenings?
A: We encourage you to stay tuned for updates on our web page, Facebook, GPL Kids and Families Facebook page, Instagram and in weekly e-News blasts and monthly newsletters. To subscribe to our weekly e-news and monthly newsletters, click here. Also, check out our YouTube channel here.
Q: How can I get in touch with you?
A: For general questions and to order materials: call us at 518.285.0050, or email us at email@example.com.
For Circulation, Curbside Pickup, Fines (which are still waived), etc.: 518.285.0671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience, and look forward to serving you to the best of our ability, with safety remaining our highest priority. Stay well!
Updated 11.23.2020 – LMN